3.22.2011

this and that

hey gang!

hope you're all doing well--things have been BUSY lately. lot's of exciting things happening...and a few stumbles in my efforts to eliminate excess spending.

i basically live tweeted a shopping trip last weekend--spent some money i shouldn't have. and then proceeded to convince myself not to feel guilty.

oops.

its funny--i let myself splurge a bit, and it really opened the floodgates. its SO easy to talk yourself into doing things you know you shouldn't. ate out a few times, went to the movies twice this month, bought clothes...but all i can do is move forward.

i still consider the past 3 months a success. that's a long time for me to go without making any shopping trips...and now it's time for another 3 months. i feel good about my progress.

on a positive note, i paid off my gap credit card! next on the chopping block is my regular visa credit card...this one we use for big purchases (we'll probably use it for moving expenses next month) but it needs to be paid down quite a bit.

i've also been using the vinegar/water mix in the kitchen and i have no complaints. does the job and does it cheap.

tonight we're having a repeat recipe . didn't realize that it's a 3 hour recipe, not an 8 hour...so we'll be eating late tonight. sorry, d!

have any of you tried these recipes? leave your experiences in the comments! :)

No comments: